Where did Scouting NY go on vacation? The American Museum of Natural History, of course! Of all New York’s museums, the AMNH is my absolute favorite – nothing fires both my brain and my heart more than staring at their wonderful dioramas (fun fact: the AMNH has one of the longest hallways in New York, stretching from Columbus Ave to Central Park West).
Looks like most readers figured out what was going on, though I’m pleased to see that at least a few of you were fooled until #12 (if by any chance you actually thought I was on an Alaskan mountain ledge with some goats, I have a bridge for sale…).
Everyone who guessed correctly was entered. The winner was SVEN, who went the distance and guessed at all 18, and actually got a pretty decent amount correct. Sven wins two passes to the AMNH complete with all the special exhibits and the planetarium show!
And now, for anyone who was wondering…
1) New Hampshire
2) Olympic National Forest – Washington
3) Southern Florida
4) Yosemite Valley, California
5) Colorado National Monument, Colorado
6) Lake Nipigan near Ontario, Canada
7) New York
8) Saguaro National Monument, Arizona
9) Stissing Mountain, New York
10) Inyo National Forest, California
11) Sargasso Sea, Atlantic Ocean
12) Grand Canyon, Arizona
13) Long Island, New York
15) Gunflint Lake, Minnesota (this is my favorite diorama in the museum)
17) Yellowstone, Wyoming
18) Carnegie Quarry, Utah
Thanks for playing!!